Monday, September 15, 2008

“I have heard the argument that she is ‘real,’ that she is ‘just a normal American,’ that she isn’t ‘elitist’ like Barack Obama. People like the fact that Sarah Palin makes them feel that ‘anyone can be president.’ Once again I must ask, ‘Really?’ I for one do not want to think that just anyone can be president. I don’t think I am capable of running the United States and neither would I trust the bulk of Americans with that position.

I care too much for the real American values to sit back and laugh while this happens. I am not talking about these ‘small town values’ that the Republicans are pushing, but the real American values of liberty, freedom, individuality, things that are represented in a couple small insignificant documents called the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights."

David Priddy (a very wise young man)

No comments: