Monday, August 24, 2009

So it has been a while since I’ve posted. All is going well! I went and saw a show by Christian (and his band Skouch). His younger brother Hendrik also played (in his band Zeit für Plan B). That was last weekend, and it was a really good show in a run down old train station. Pretty cool. Best of all, Wuppertalers love Zywiecz, it’s a Polish Beer that is SUPER good. Other than that, went to Düsseldorf yesterday, it was okay. Not that much fun if you’re not shopping, but the night life was good, but then again that doesn't get going until nighttime. I’m learning a lot of German, basically honing skills and trying to repair poorly learned habits. Last week we went wine tasting, this week we went on the Rhein for a boat trip. We also visited the castle Marksburg. All in all though, still no set routine to jump into.

Other news: I’ll be living with a host family starting in October until at least January. I’ll be living in Remscheid, a smaller place outside of Wuppertal, and I will be going to University Wuppertal. Things are looking up.


Now if I just had my boots.. (really should have brought those with me).

1 comment:

jena said...

you're back in germany??? were you just back in the states for vacation?